NUWIQ is different from rFVIII products made from hamster cell lines
FVIII Innovation at Octapharma
How NUWIQ is made
No Hamster Cell Lines, No Animal- or Human-Proteins, and No Human Albumin Used to Make NUWIQ1
Initial steps using recombinant DNA technology to create NUWIQ production cells
Ongoing steps to produce NUWIQ
and make Factor VIII
- A solvent/detergent process to inactivate enveloped viruses (viruses that have an outer coating on them).2,3
- Nanofiltration – an advanced filtering process that can remove extremely small particles.
After purification, the recombinant Factor VIII is formulated and freeze-dried as NUWIQ
- Cafuir LA, Christine L. Kempton CL. Ther Adv Hematol. 2017;8(10):303–313.
- Sandberg H, et al. Thromb Res.2012;130:808-817.
- Casademunt E, et al. Eur J Haematol. 2012;89:165-176.
- Kannicht C, et al. Thromb Res. 2013;131:78-88.