NUWIQ® – A Natural Choice for Patients with Hemophilia A
What is NUWIQ?
NUWIQ is a recombinant Factor VIII (rFVIII) for the treatment of adults and children with Hemophilia A that’s produced in a human cell line, not hamster cell line1,2. In fact, NUWIQ is the first and only rFVIII produced in a human cell line without chemical modification or protein fusion. We call it ‘A Natural Choice’.
- The rFVIII protein produced in a human cell line closely resembles the FVIII the body produces naturally3
- May help reduce the risk of forming neutralizing antibodies (inhibitors) to FVIII.3
- FVIII replacement therapy has been proven to be safe and effective over decades of use4.
- The ability to accurately measure FVIII levels with routine laboratory tests, like the chromogenic and one-stage assays, has helped make FVIII treatment the standard of care for Hemophilia A.
- Sandberg H, et al. Thromb Res.2012;130:808-817.
- Casademunt E, et al. Eur J Haematol. 2012;89:165-176.
- Kannicht C, et al. Thromb Res. 2013;131:78-88.
- Cafuir LA, Christine L. Kempton CL. Ther Adv Hematol. 2017;8(10):303–313.
- NUWIQ full Prescribing Information. Paramus, NJ: Octapharma; rev 2021.
- Lissitchkov T, Rusen L, Georgiev P, et al. Haemophilia. 2017;23:697-704.