How NUWIQ® FVIII Replacement Therapy Is Made
NUWIQ manufacturing process
No Hamster Cells, No Animal Proteins, and No Human Albumin Used to Make NUWIQ
Initial steps using recombinant DNA technology to create NUWIQ production cells
Ongoing steps to produce NUWIQ
and make Factor VIII
- A solvent/detergent process to inactivate enveloped viruses (viruses that have an outer coating on them).
- Nanofiltration – an advanced filtering process that can remove extremely small particles and viruses.
After purification, the recombinant Factor VIII is formulated and freeze-dried as NUWIQ
- Cafuir LA, Christine L. Kempton CL. Ther Adv Hematol. 2017;8(10):303–313.
- Sandberg H, et al. Thromb Res.2012;130:808-817.
- Casademunt E, et al. Eur J Haematol. 2012;89:165-176.
- Kannicht C, et al. Thromb Res. 2013;131:78-88.